Why is an Education Important?
Getting a college education is an investment that will pay back for a lifetime. People with a college education have better job opportunities, earn more money, and develop skills that can never be taken away.
Get money for college and other helpful videosWatch Video
- Homework Help Many students struggle with homework, but you don't have to. The best homework help sites all listed in one place. Find Out Here
- High School Questions concerning High School? Find the answers to many of your question, plus valuable links. Read More
- GED Info Need your GED? Find the answers concerning requirements, locations and study assistance to help you obtain your GED. Get the Facts
- College Taking the right steps is crucial. All you need to know about preparing, selecting and applying to college is here. Get Help
- Financial Aid Here you will find a step by step guide to assist you with understanding and applying for Federal Student Grants and Loans. Get More Info
Need Homework Help?
Find Help online.
There are many great online resources for finding homework help.
Find a Tutor
Develop Good Study Habits
Learning good study habits is will lead to a rewarding school experience.
High School Study Tips: Three Steps to Better Grades!
Dropped out? Want to go back?
Interested In Alternative School?
Preparing for Life After High School
If you are between the ages of 14 and 21 and would like information about the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) youth program, inquire at the DWS office in your community.
GED & Adult Education
Need your GED?
Learn aboud adult Education courses such as:
Get Prepared for College (Federal Student Aid Web Site)
At Federal Student Aid, they make it easier to get money for higher education. This resource is a great place to start!
Student Aid Web Site
Cost of College in Utah
This will help you understand costs for tuition, books, room and board, medical estimates etc.
Find a College
Education and Training Voucher Program (ETV)
A funding program designed to assist Foster Care youth, or youth who have aged out of Foster Care, with the funding and support needed to complete college and obtain employment.
Provides support with funding needs for basic living expenses, college tuition, tutoring needs, job searching and gaining employment. Check it out here
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Olene S Walker Scholarship
Foster youth, you can get up to $5,000 per year for college tuition, books, fees, supplies and living expenses -and work with a mentor who will help you succeed! Application Deadline: April 15 for Fall Semester, and October 15 for Spring Semester.
The Siegfried and Ellen Karsten Scholarship - University of Utah
Siegfried and Ellen Karsten have funded a scholarship for qualified students. Eligible students are those who have been in foster care with the Utah Division of Child and Family Services.
Deadline is April 1 for Fall semester and October 1 for Spring semester.